Consortium for Health Action (ConsortiumHA-USA and Cambodia)
Position: Database Manager/Project Support Staff
ConsortiumHA’s mission is to eliminate emerging incurable malaria, rapidly reduce malaria mortality, address related conditions and to tackle their underlying cause, poverty. Together, we believe we have learned how to rapidly eliminate forest malaria from the Greater Sub Mekong Region (GMS). For more information, see: https// ConsortiumHA.org
Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia
ConsortiumHA’s has a small grant from for the Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia, focusing on quality malaria treatment in Mondulkiri Province and Snoul District of Kratie Province. The objectives of the project include the following:
- Base-line mapping of treatment quality by all identifiable malaria treatment providers, mapping of transmission locations in terms of access to treatment/malaria prevention intervention coverage, and population movement mapping for improved targeting of malaria posts and mobile malaria workers including for mobile and migrant populations.
- Improved case-management by promoting treatment adherence via cell-phone reminders including alternatives for those who do not have a cell phones or signal coverage.
- Malaria drug quality monitoring through product sampling in both public and private sector outlets.
The work will be conducted in partnership with the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM), the Provincial Health Departments (PHDs), intersectoral partners working in the forest, and NGOs operating in the area. We will be using a novel mHealth system that links pictures and information to GPS coordinates to understand where malaria transmission is actually occurring, where health care providers are located and to monitor effective intervention usage near real-time.
Time frame March-July 2017 with initial funding, 3 or more years if additional funding is identified.
- Lead all database development and management activities using smart phone technology (with either KobotoolBox or Ona.io).
- Support the development of a pay-for-performance payments for all staff based on quality data capture
- Support set up and management the all staff payments, including a focus on pay-for-performance based on the smart phone information system
- Lead monitoring the team’s data collection and quality on a daily basis
- Support project administrative tasks
- Ensure coordination with the Project Manager and with the Project Director
- Lead second data entry and finalization of the database
- Support the management of accounting and project budget with the Project Accountant, Project Manager and with the Project Director
- Advise the team about methods which work, which need to be improved and which need to be added.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong background in data management activities
- Ability to develop strong relationships with field, health center, PHD and CNM staff
- Proficiency with smart phone use
- Computer skills, including the ability to operate Excel and Microsoft Word and interest to learn on on-line systems
- Desire to support work in the field
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy with data quality documentation from field data collection
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- High functionality in English to communicate with project leadership
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge of the local cultures in Mondulkiri Province and Snoul District
Candidates interested in being employed through ConsortiumHA on this project, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tuyen Pham at Tuyen@ConsortiumHA.org, or Dr. Colin Ohrt at Colin@ConsortiumHA.org, +855-61-478-475, or +855-97-268-2235. Please feel free to call for more information.
Closing date: 15 March 18