Consortium for Health Action (ConsortiumHA-USA and Cambodia)
Position: Field accountant/Data manager
ConsortiumHA’s mission is to eliminate emerging incurable malaria, rapidly reduce malaria mortality, address related conditions and to tackle their underlying cause, poverty. Together, we believe we have learned how to rapidly eliminate forest malaria from the Greater Sub Mekong Region (GMS). For more information, see: https// ConsortiumHA.org or contact Tuyen Pham at Tuyen@ConsortiumHA.org Colin Ohrt at Colin@ConsortiumHA.org, +855-61-478-475, or +855-97-268-2235.
Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia
ConsortiumHA’s has a small grant from for the Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia, focusing on quality malaria treatment in Mondulkiri Province and Snoul District of Kratie Province. The objectives of the project include the following:
- Base-line mapping of treatment quality by all identifiable malaria treatment providers, mapping of transmission locations in terms of access to treatment/malaria prevention intervention coverage, and population movement mapping for improved targeting of malaria posts and mobile malaria workers including for mobile and
- Improved case-management by promoting treatment adherence via cell-phone reminders including alternatives for those who do not have a cell phones or signal coverage.
- Malaria drug quality monitoring through product sampling in both public and private sector outlets.
The work will be conducted in partnership with the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM), the Provincial Health Departments (PHDs), intersectoral partners working in the forest, and NGOs operating in the area. We will be using a novel mHealth system that links pictures and information to GPS coordinates to understand where malaria transmission is actually occurring, where health care providers are located and to monitor effective intervention usage near real-time.
Time frame March-June 2017, potentially longer if additional funding is identified.
- Develop and recommend pay-for-performance payments for all staff
- Set up and manage the all staff payments, including a focus on pay-for-performance based on a smart phone information system
- Support development of the project database
- Recruit and mentor field data collectors and team coordinators on the pay-for-performance system and quality data capture
- Organize and provide training sessions for field staff
- Support monitoring the team’s data collection and quality on a daily basis
- Ensure proper coordination with the Project Manager and with the Project Director
- Assist with the second data entry and finalization of the database
- Support the management of project budget with the Project Manager and with the Project Director
- Advise the team about methods which work, which need to be improved and which need to be added.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong background in accounting, including experience with the accounting system in Cambodia
- Ability to develop strong relationships with field, health center, PHD and CNM staff
- Proficiency with smart phone use
- Computer skills, including the ability to operate Excel and Microsoft Word and interest to learn on on-line systems
- Desire to support work in the field
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy accounting and field data collection
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Good time management skills
- High functionality in English to communicate with project leadership
- Knowledge of the local cultures in Mondulkiri Province and Snoul District
Salary Negotiable; plan to start with base salary and move to pay-for-performance to rapidly increase salary/income
Candidates interested in being employed through ConsortiumHA on this project, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact as Colin as noted above.
Closing date: 10 March 18