Consortium for Health Action (ConsortiumHA-USA and Cambodia)
Position: Treasurer for ConsortiumHA-Cambodia Board of Directors
ConsortiumHA’s mission is to eliminate emerging incurable malaria, rapidly reduce malaria mortality, address related conditions and to tackle their underlying cause, poverty. Together, we believe we have learned how to rapidly eliminate forest malaria from the Greater Sub Mekong Region (GMS). For more information, see: https// ConsortiumHA.org
Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia
ConsortiumHA’s has a small grant from for the Elimination of Emerging Incurable Malaria in Cambodia, focusing on quality malaria treatment in Mondulkiri Province and Snoul District of Kratie Province. The objectives of the project include the following:
- Base-line mapping of treatment quality by all identifiable malaria treatment providers, mapping of transmission locations in terms of access to treatment/malaria prevention intervention coverage, and population movement mapping for improved targeting of malaria posts and mobile malaria workers including for mobile and migrant populations.
- Improved case-management by promoting treatment adherence via cell-phone reminders including alternatives for those who do not have a cell phones or signal coverage.
- Malaria drug quality monitoring through product sampling in both public and private sector outlets.
The work will be conducted in partnership with the National Center for Parasitology, Entomology and Malaria Control (CNM), the Provincial Health Departments (PHDs), intersectoral partners working in the forest, and NGOs operating in the area. We will be using a novel mHealth system that links pictures and information to GPS coordinates to understand where malaria transmission is actually occurring, where health care providers are located and to monitor effective intervention usage near real-time.
We are continuing to seek additional funding. We will be scaling our operations when funding is identified.
Time frame March-July 2017 with initial funding, 3 or more years if additional funding is identified.
Time commitment: 2 hours per month for board meetings, initially and then quarterly. Perhaps 5 hours per month providing support between board meetings.
- Perform the role of treasurer for the NGO board
- Participate in scheduled board meetings
- Keep accurate accounts of all moneys of this corporation received or disbursed
- Deposit all moneys, drafts and checks in the name of, and to the credit of, this corporation in such banks and depositories as a majority of the Board of Directors shall from time to time designate.
- Whenever required, an account of all transactions as treasurer and of the financial condition of the organization
- Perform such other duties as may from time to time be prescribed by the board of directors
Qualifications and Competencies
- Strong background in accounting activities in Cambodia
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in English
Salary Volunteer position; project related expenses will be covered.
Candidates interested in being employed through ConsortiumHA on this project, please submit your resume and cover letter to Tuyen Pham at Tuyen@ConsortiumHA.org, or Dr. Colin Ohrt at Colin@ConsortiumHA.org, +855-61-478-475, or +855-97-268-2235. Please feel free to call for more information.